Monday, March 23, 2009

Life is a Journey...

"Life is a journey, Not a destination. There are no mistakes, Just chances we’ve taken. Lay down your regrets cause all we have is now ..."

Reflections....As I sit in my LAST hostel in my last days in Argentina, I think about how these past 5 weeks have been physically, emotionally, mentally, and financially draining. LOL. Riding solo has allowed me much time to sit back and observe life pass by and be ok with it doing so. In these observations, I have been able to develop more clarity in my life and as some would say, I found myself.

Amongst my travels, I have been blessed to have had the opportunity to meet some interesting people. With each person, they provided a new perspective on life as a result of their individual journeys/travels they had taken. There are those individuals who have been traveling for 12 and 14 months - seriously, WTF; do you not miss your family, do you seriously enjoy not having a home and wearing the same clothes for a year?!? And then there are those who tell me they are traveling until their money runs out - again, WTF; what do you do when it runs out?!? Generally speaking, these people are not from the states, but from other countries where these travels are normal. Although these travels are normal for them, I found myself wondering why would they want to travel for so long? I think that five weeks is a little excessive, or maybe it is because I have been traveling solo for five weeks. I conjured up my own reasons as to why they leave home, but they are the only ones who know their true reason. Personally, I do not know if I had a clear reason for coming on my trip, but I think I got out of it a whole bunch more than I expected.

LIVING FULL OUT...I asked myself have I really been LIVING FULL OUT?? HELL YEAH, I have. This trip more than ever has shown me that I have, not only on this trip but in my life in general. My whole life I have realized I have done things outside of the norms. Gone against the grain, per se. Being a swimmer and lacrosse player - seriously, a black swimmer and black lacrosse player; EXACTLY. Dressed however I wanted to, because I liked it - and I must say I dress pretty damn well; well not right now actually, I look pretty beat up - nappy hair, random facial hair growing, stained clothing. Went to DUKE - those from MD know you just do not do that. Became a ChiropracTOR, when everyone else I knew was becoming a medical doctor. Moved cross country not knowing a soul and being so far away from my family and friends. Traveled around world with the sole intent of providing more light into peoples life through the chiropractic adjustment. Taking risks in love, life and friendships, because I followed my heart instead of what other people possibly thought or said. Seriously, the list could go on, but those are somethings that showed ME that I have been LIVING FULL OUT. Although, some may think that this is not LIVING FULL OUT, but to ME it is and that is all that matters.

Additionally, on this 5 week journey it solidified for me that I LOVE MY LIFE. There have been times on this trip I wanted to pack up my stuff and be like f*ck it, I am coming home. Not necessarily because I really did not like where I was at the time, it is because I missed some of the most important things and people in my life. Traveling is great alone, but it would be a whole lot better if next time I travel with people I love. These past 25 years has blessed me with a wonderful family - YOU ALL HAVE GIVEN ME SOOOO MUCH and I LOVE YOU, a great profession - I can not wait to get back and start practicing, unbelievable friends - words cannot describe what you all mean to me, and had the best big brother the world could have given me - III ::tear::tear::. I would not change not one thing...well I would want my brother back but other than that I would not change one thing. The path has been perfect for me and I can not wait to see what else life has in store for me and to share it with the most important people in my life.

So in summary, I have been LIVING FULL OUT!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Bryant that was so toucing! brought a tear to my eyes just reading. Glad that you had a chance to experience the things that you did, traveling & learning about yourself and other cultures.This is what life is all about! So continue to live life to the fullest babe. Can't wait to see ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started crying at work. I hate you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish your words could run through me at all times! living life full out...the truth is that I think I know what that means but my actions and words ... can i say it YUP ...conflict...since you left your journey life has been CRAZY headgame! and i forgot about the priciple LIVE LIFE FULL OUT thanks b!
    we are ready for you to return to reunite the forces!
    ps easy ran out of baileys on st pattys day!!!! lame

    ReplyDelete